Saturday, November 10, 2012

Can you feel the love tonight?



  The Lion King is one of the greatest movies of all time. I love it's story, I love it's songs, and I want to be just like Rafiki when I grow up (but that's a blog for another time). The songs are what this blog is about, one song in particular...


Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings
The world, for once, in perfect harmony
With all its living things
Can you feel the love tonight?
You needn't look too far
Stealing through the night's uncertainties
Love is where they are 

It's such a good song, and it poses an interesting question. Can you feel the love tonight? Is it where you are?    There have been times where I definitely did not feel the love. But why is that a big deal? 

  "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." (John 13:34-35) The Savior said it best. He has commanded us to love each other, that should be the thing that defines us as Christians. Love is the center of all the we believe, and love should be where we are.

Where love is, there is no disputation. Where love is, there is no contention. Where love is, there God will be also. -Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment