Monday, December 5, 2011

The Hope of the Universe




"I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the Light to the Darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Son Goku

  That is one of my favorite quotes, its powerful and positive and gets me pumped to go and do some good! It makes me want to help someone, save someone in distress, make a difference. It comes from a character in a show called Dragon Ball Z named Goku who has a pure heart and fights for people who can't defend themselves. Goku is always doing the right thing even when its hard, he stands up to villains who are much stronger than he is and never gives up.

  When I felt like giving up that quote from Goku has always motivated me, but I realized the other day that my favorite quote had a deeper meaning too. I noticed that the beginning of every sentence began with "I am", and that was the name that Jesus Christ told Moses when Israel asked what the name of God was.

Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

  If Christ is the Great I Am then the quote has a whole new meaning. If we replace I am with Jesus Christ it becomes:

  Jesus Christ is the hope of the Universe. Jesus Christ is the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. Jesus Christ is protector of the innocent. Jesus Christ is the Light to the Darkness. Christ is truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) Jesus Christ is our everything. He fought for us when we could not defend ourselves, He suffered all the pains and sorrow of the world so that we can be saved. He is the hope of the universe, the ally of good and the nightmare of evil. There is nothing we cannot overcome with the help of Christ. I know this is true, I know that through our Savior and Redeemer we can do anything, and I testify of these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment